Sunday, May 13, 2012

A book of remembrance

‎2Ti_1:5 When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also. 

A blog I enjoy quoted this verse in a post and it got me to thinking:

      This verse strikes in me the importance of our roles as mothers. It may be one of the less looked to verses for moms but these women perpetuated faith to the next generation! I hope my kids grow up and take what faith God gives me, learn from it and put it to use in this life. Not living a life dismissive of an "antiquated religion". I want them to see and remember what God has done so they can lean on HIM and say I've seen God do this. He will do it for me!!!!  And because He loves me I WILL live for Him!!!!

     So that being said I would encourage you to begin a book of remembrance. It can be anything from a scrapbook with pictures and stories to a piece of paper that says We prayed for: X     We stepped out in faith by: X     God answered us this day by doing:X adding verses you believed on and prayed on helps also.

     This can help in several ways. When you are struggling with a situation you can look back on what God has done. It can be passed down to show the coming generations how God has worked in your family. Making real Gods power, love and favor over their lives. I in no way want to encourage anything to take the place of looking to Gods word for faith and renewal let me clear that up. But I see in the stories of faith in the bible the importance which heritage plays. Always remembering what God delivered them from. I think it would be good to give our children the same thing. We as Americans have lost so much of our heritage and what we believe. All that is going on in the media declares it.

Our duty is to pray for our leaders, our country and leave it in God's hands. However what we do have control over is how we lead our families. How we prepare our children to be a heritage to the Lord. I hope this inspires you. Happy Mother's Day ladies remember, the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world. Or as a book I am reading puts it, " The hand that rocks the cradle, needs the hand that rules the world." - The hand that rocks the cradle by Sharilyn Martin and Sue Hooley.

Happy Mother's Day You ROCK!!


No comments:

Post a Comment